Thursday, February 26, 2015

Things Just Got a Little Cleaner

Me that is...not the blog. Hot dogs and working out at the gym do not exactly go hand-in-hand. In fact, they are pretty much at the opposite ends of the fitness spectrum. But, as of a few weeks ago, I am now a proud member of Planet Fitness. 

Why Planet Fitness? Why not Gold's Gym or others? First, I don't have a German accent, therefore I am automatically persona non grata at Gold's...plus I think the real fitness dudes would beat me up. Secondly, Planet Fitness is present in nearly every city I will be visiting this summer. I know what you are thinking: "good move Tom, it is important to keep in shape while on the road." That may be true, but it is actually more important to stay clean while on the road. If you remember, last year, I had a bit of an issue finding places to shower. It had it's advantages, within 10 minutes of taking my seat at the ballpark I had the section to myself, and I wasn't bothered by fans crowding me. But the flies became an issue. Which brings me back to Planet Fitness. They are they cheapest national chain of gyms. They are open 24/7 and I can access any of them at any time. That makes for one clean hot dog explorer. Otherwise I would have to get a couchsurfing shower or pay for one at a truckstop. Showers at truckstops are about $10. A Planet Fitness membership is $20 a month. You do the math. 

This is great news for any of you planning to meet me for a hot dog at a game this year. Last summer, I went nearly 5 days without a shower. It got so people would not even park next to me. I may even invest in some deoderant this year. 

I begin making my way to Phoenix on Monday, March 2. Look for me in the stands, I will be the one so sparkling clean the sun will be glinting off of me....except for that mustard stain on my shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment