Thursday, March 24, 2016

Hot Dog Alert #10

The Cheeseburger Dog
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better it does. Previously, I reported about the new MEGADOG being served at the Arizona Diamondbacks spring training games this year. What I didn’t know was if it would make the leap to the D-Backs MLB venue at Chase Field. The news: it won’t. Instead the Phoenix team will be serving up The Cheeseburger Dog. For fans that can’t decide whether to get a cheeseburger or a hot dog, this is for you.

Phoenix has been ground zero for monster dog creations. They have or have had the D-Bat eighteen inch corn dog, the Churro Dog dessert creation, The Mega Dog and now this frank-inspired Frankenstein.

So what’s on it? It is made from char-grilled hamburgers, deep fried and then served with bacon, lettuce, tomato and a secret sauce. I just hope that secret sauce is infused with Lipitor.

No word on the cost yet, but from previous experience in these matters (I love being able to say that) I would guess between $20-30. Chase Field is on my radar this summer so I will let you know.

Now the better news. The baseball gods have smiled upon me. I will be in at Salt River Field this Saturday afternoon to take on the MEGADOG. Me versus one of the most monstrous concoctions in concessions history. Stay tuned for a full review.

No comments:

Post a Comment