Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Hot Dog Alert #4

Several people have asked me if I have visited the Fresno Grizzlies. Sadly, with two trips to California to take in ballparks and hot dogs, I have not made it to Chukchansi Park. No snub to Fresno, I just can’t get my schedule and theirs to match up. But now I know why fans are so fond of the team.

Did you know that May 21 is halfway to Halloween? Me neither. But the Grizzlies know and they are having a party at the ballpark that includes zombies, a haunted house and, oh yeah, a baseball game. So why am I excited? Because for one night, and one night only, Fresno lets the monster out of the lab for all to enjoy. Introducing: Frankenslice.

It is a pepperoni pizza slice with the crust stuffed with….a hot dog. It is the mother of all abominations that should trigger a 20 point rise in the stock of the company that produces Rolaids. Nothing like greasy buttons of pepperoni to help that frank slide down the gullet. It is a true processed meat lovers dream. While you and cardiac surgeons may be appalled, we hot dog connoisseurs are delighted. Can anyone fly me to Fresno this Thursday?

One MLB team that might consider adopting this beast as a regular ghoul in their ballpark is the Toronto Blue Jays. The Canadians love pizza and outperform any other MLB team in pizza consumption. The hot dog still reigns number one in Toronto, but pizza is a close second. You would know this if had read my book. You are going to read my book aren’t you? Here is a link so you can get it from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Dogs--Search-Ballpark-Hotdog/dp/1457536234/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2_pap?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1432084371&sr=1-1&keywords=tom+lohr

Read it, it will make you a better and more interesting person.

Meanwhile, in Fresno, this Thursday night, the monster is off the table and coming for your tummy. The villagers may have the pitchforks and torches out, but me, I’ll kill it with just a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment