Wednesday, April 15, 2015

San Francisco Giants San Francisco Dog

I reviewed AT&T ballpark last year and you can find it in the archives on my blog. The crux of it was; great ballpark but really expensive. Not much has changed on that front, but I won’t mention the cost this time. However it was expensive and a nosebleed ticket cost a number that rhymes with 45. But I won’t mention the cost this time around...other than it was damn expensive. But I did get a bobblehead, so I guess that evens it all out.

There are numerous types of dogs available in the home of the reigning World Series champs. The ballpark does not really tout any one dog as the “it” dog, but the ones that could contend are found at only one spot call “Chicago Dogs” that offers up three specialty dogs worthy of contention:

Chicago Dog-mustard, relish, onions, sport peppers, tomato, pickle, celery salt. Your typical Chicago Dog.

San Francisco Dog-swiss cheese, sauerkraut, onions, pickle spear, thousand island sauce.

Coney Island Dog-chili, cheese, onions.

Only the San Francisco Dog was original, other ballparks have versions of the other two. Plus, it was representative of the city which is why I chose it at the dog to test.

Appeal-the name alone is catchy and it did sound like the toppings would blend really well or really bad. I had to find out. 5

Ingredients-ahhhhh….Hebrew National how I have missed you. With a HN frank on a poppy seed bun the dog was off to a good start. All other items were fresh. 5

Uniqueness-this is the only dog I have seen that has swiss cheese and thousand island sauce on it. 5

Monstrosity Factor-again, just a loaded dog really. Nothing to make children scream. 2.5

Value-at $7.50 it was not crazy expensive, but not a total bargain either. It was San Francisco so I suppose it was affordable...to San Franciscans. 4
Overall Taste-hard to go wrong when you start of with an all-beef, kosher Hebrew National frank. The other toppings blended well. It was  unique taste that pleased but I am not certain I’d eat it again. 4.5
APPEAL5
INGREDIENTS5
UNIQUENESS5
MONSTROSITY FACTOR2.5
VALUE4
OVERALL TASTE4.5
TOTAL26
An overall all score of 26 of 30 is enough to land it in second place. The park makes the hot dog taste better as well as AT&T is a gem of a ballpark. If you can afford a ticket. But I won’t mention the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment