Thursday, August 14, 2014

Road Trip Roundup


Now that I have had some time to distill the numbers, and so many have asked, below is the bare bones anatomy of my baseball/hot dog road trip. It might also explain some of my random ramblings while hacking out my blog posts at a coffee shop in a town I had never been to before. While the games were exhilarating, the driving was mind numbing.

ATTENTION!! KIDS AND FANS OF ALL AGES-DO NOT ATTEMPT ON YOUR OWN


Days: 103 glorious baseball-filled days of crisscrossing the nation.
States visited: 36
Countries visited: 2 (Toronto is in Canada you know).
MLB games: 30
MiLB games: 35
Foul balls caught: 4, all minor league (including 2 at Port St. Lucie) and all on the bounce.
Miles driven: 18,869
Hot dogs eaten: 75 (approximately).
Moving violations: one speeding violation on a traffic camera (36 in a 25). As you can see I am a menace. Use the money WISELY Washington D.C.
Cost of fuel: $2,431.37
Cost of baseball tickets: $478 (and I got numerous free or reduced price tickets).
Cost of parking: $119 (this includes finding free parking 85% of the time).


My route: see below, just remember that I was not drunk, and was slave to geography and team schedules.


Those are the raw and bare numbers of my mega-baseball/hot dog road trip. More detail will be in my book "Gone to the Dogs" (you are buying my book aren't you?). It truly was an adventure. The blog is not dead. During the rest of the season and until next season I will continue to bring you the world renown expert’s opinion (that would be me) on baseball and hot dogs. Some interesting blogs are coming including regional dog fights, Monsters of the Major Leagues, best franks, etc. As always, I value your opinion if there is anything in particular you would like to hear about. All things hot dogs and baseball are on the table.

In the meantime, there are still a few weeks of Minor League baseball left and I will hit several of those here in Tulsa, come and catch a game with me. And if anyone wants me to test which world series contestants have the best dogs for the fall classic...I am available.


1 comment:

  1. I have thoroughly enjoyed your blog and can't wait for the book to come out...and the movie.

    ReplyDelete