Saturday, September 23, 2017

Sunrise in the Evening

Earlier this year I reported on the Sunrise Hot Dog served up at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City. I never intended to actually try this dog, but as fate would have it I caught a Royals game recently. Know what I had to eat at the ballpark? Yup, the monstrosity that everyone in Kansas City is talking about.

It must be said that the concessions folks at Kauffman are some of the nicest in the business. As for the hot dog, it tasted....well...unique. It reminded me a lot of biscuits and gravy on a bun. I am not a fan of biscuits and gravy, never have been. But a lot of people are, so if you like that breakfast dish, you will probably like this hot dog. It has a Farmland frank, bacon, cheese, gravy and eggs to order. 
I love Kauffman Stadium


I don't think I would order it again, but not because of the overall experience with it. But because it is sold at a hot dog stand on the right field concourse that offers up many other unique dogs that would probably please my tastebuds better than the Sunrise Dog. I do think this meal would be a hit if someplace local would offer it as a breakfast item. Unfortunately, the earliest most games start is noonish.

Here's a marketing idea. The Royals should have a 9 am game a few times a year, and include with each ticket a Sunrise Dog and a cup of coffee. That's a deal worth getting out of bed for. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great event! Thanks for the share, that hot dog looks insanely delicious!
    Henry

    ReplyDelete